Wednesday, July 9, 2014

An Ode to Naptime


Hello Friends, 

Today's post has been especially inspired by today's naptime, though it applies almost daily. It is dedicated to those mums (and dads) around the world who, during a naptime battle, may only manage to cling to a shred of sanity by promising themselves a few guilt-free minutes of phone-time. 

Ode to Naptime

“A Mummy’s Quandary”


Why oh why child won’t you take a nap?
You and I both know you are feeling like crap.

Your face has turned all scrunchy and sour
You’ve been drunk-man stumbling for over an hour.

But still you fight it, that sweet sleepy dream
I sing ever so sweetly tho’ I just want to scream

JUST GO TO SLEEP

Finally!

I hear whimpers no more
Time to… oh crap, my phone’s on your floor. 

Today's post is brought to you by: Complete defeat. We've all been there. 

Until next time my friends!

-A
This classy shot: brought to you by a missed naptime!

No comments:

Post a Comment