Monday, August 18, 2014

Clocks.

Hello Friends,

"Tick Tock says the Clock"

Harmless, right?

Wrong.

We've been pointing out clocks to K ever since he took interest in the big wall clock hanging in my in law's kitchen at the ripe old age of 9 months. "Tick Tock says the Clock" my mother-in-law would chime, as K would point and smile. Well 8 months have passed and K has a marked interest in clocks. He has an exceptional ability to find every clock in every room and announce their location(s). This would be incredibly helpful to anyone within earshot if it were not for one teeny tiny thing.

K hasn't mastered the "L".

"Cock, cock, cock, Mum, cock, Mum, COCK!"

Did you know there are 5 wall clocks between the pharmacy and the checkout at our local Walmart?

No? Neither did I. But I sure do now. Thanks bud.

Anyway, feeling the need to acknowledge the chuckles erupting from fellow Walmart patrons, I announced loudly "Yes K, there's another CL-ock. Tick-Tock says the Clock".

Then I giggled to myself as I remembered a recent interaction between K and my Mother-in-Law (MIL).

MIL: "Oooh K, let's find the clocks! There's a big clock and a little clock."
K: "Cock" *points*
MIL: "This clock is pointy, this is a round clock..."
K: "Cock" *points*
MIL: "...and this clock came from China. K, where's the big, black clock?"
K: "Cock" *points*

Ha ha. We'd better get working on those "Ls", or this mum is gonna have a lot of explainin' to do!

Until next time my friends,

-A








No comments:

Post a Comment